JOB TITLE: External Sales Manager (J002613)
TERRITORY: East of England, Norfolk, Lincolnshire, West Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire
SALARY: £35,000 – £45,000 plus car and an excellent bonus and benefits schemes
Flowtech is a leading distributor serving the hydraulic, pneumatic, industrial and process sectors. With over 180,000 products, (including many European brands), Flowtech is the largest fluid power distributor in the UK and Ireland. The business also supports their customers with a range of technical & engineering services, custom designs, and assemblies.
Flowtech are looking for an ambitions and hard-working individual to join the team in the role of External Sales Manager at this very exciting time as Flowtech takes a large step forward in its offering of both product and service line activities.
The role of External Sales Manager is at the heart of the Flowtech business and will suit candidates with a background in technical sales, however we are flexible on industry and experience. We are looking for candidates that have a passion for sales and operational excellence. The key requirements for this role are a ‘get stuff done’ attitude, with a practical head and the ability to demonstrate great initiative. The ability to build rapport along with good communication skills in both team, stakeholder and customer interactions and a natural curiosity are essential.
The successful candidate will be looking to develop their career in a progressive, yet nurturing, UK based organisation. You will play a significant role in the business working alongside the Internal Sales, Customer Service and Administration teams contributing to the broader goals of the overall team at Flowtech. You should be comfortable in all aspects of selling and cross-selling with an eye for spotting opportunities but crucially, possess a genuine desire to help customers solve their problems. This is a hands-on and exciting and diverse role which will really call upon your excellent interpersonal skills and commercial acumen.
• Support and be the first point of contact for all designated customers within the territory.
• Operate within day-to-day sales and commercial activity requirements to achieve personal and Company targets.
• Manage and monitor commercial performance of quotes, pricing actions and agreements within customer base to ensure a return-on-investment model is achieved.
• Execute activities in line with the regional sales strategy.
• Fulfil marketing briefs as necessary from attending trade shows and representing the business through to completion of marketing campaign activities
• Have regular, objective driven interactions within your assigned customer base to achieve increased sales performance.
• Use the value proposition within your customer base to ensure you are targeting and profiling appropriate strategic opportunities.
• Take responsibility for the individual reporting within the territory and delivery of a sales pipeline. (Action orientated, drives results, ensures accountability)
• Work Closely with the internal sales, administration, and customer services teams to drive beneficial outcomes for the whole team.
• Work with suppliers to ensure you are adding value to both the customer base and the supplier base.
• Takes on feedback and training and uses this to improve the quality of the sales calls.
• Actively takes responsibility for your own self development and learning.
Flowtech are committed to the growth and development of all their team and as such you will be given comprehensive product training alongside a structured development programme to support.
Ideally candidates should possess relevant experience in a similar role or be able to demonstrate an aptitude for the role. In addition, candidates should be:
• Minimum of 1 year’s sales experience with a demonstrable history of delivering sales within a targeted environment
• Strong commercial acumen
• Understanding of wider team goals and how you can impact them.
• Self-motivated with good time management and excellent organisational skills
• Have strong communication and people skills, and the ability to build rapport and relationships quickly.
• Able to use your initiative and to act exclusively when required.
• Able to set self-stretching targets.
• Efficient, accurate and timely in the administration associated with the role.
• An effective team player
• Technical fluid power experience would be helpful but not a pre-requisite.
• Possess a full UK driving licence.
This is a field-based role, and you will need to be able to travel to your customers sites in your territory.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to develop and grow within a friendly and team-orientated UK business.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
£35,000 – £45,000 plus car and a highly desirable bonus and benefits scheme
Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.