Account Manager (J002618)
£30,000 – £40,000
We are a growing technical events company based in Birmingham. We specialise in conferences and award ceremonies across the globe. We have also developed and grown a number of relationships with several key venues and hotels around Birmingham. We are now seeking an ambitious and dynamic business professional to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity to play an important role in the company’s success.
You will work closely with the Managing Director and Commercial Manager and be responsible for researching and identifying new business opportunities that have come through our venues and website referrals and the account management of these new customers. This position requires a strong understanding of business principles, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with various clients and other departments across the business. As the business grows you will develop your own team.
To use our venue partners and website referrals to identify new opportunities and develop into valued customers. You will need to foster and develop relationships with customers and clients through seeking further opportunities and upselling our services to create long-standing relationships. You must understand the needs of your customers and clients and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet their objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Account Management of new customers, especially after an event to help build relationships with the aim of increasing business for Cue.
• Grow these accounts through up-sells and cross-sells, so clients want to renew/expand contracts, and advising clients on long-term growth strategies.
• Managing daily enquiries from our venues, including qualifying and quantifying these enquiries.
• Research and identify new business opportunities.
• You will be accountable for ensuring the CRM is up to date with potential and confirmed business, showing the value of these jobs. Building a database of current, existing and potential customers. You will use the system to maintain accurate customer records, including correspondence.
• Regularly forecast account metrics – the quarterly sales results and annual forecasts.
• You will be required to report to the SMT the progress of activity and plans.
• You will also be requested to attend Management meetings on a quarterly basis.
• Work with Marketing to identify, qualify and exploit opportunities from various marketing campaigns.
• Strategic planning of Sales strategy with the Managing Director and Commercial Manager on a monthly basis.
• Contacting previous clients to rekindle old relationships.
• Between three and five years’ experience in a business setting.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or any other suitable area.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills with ability to complete tasks and prioritise and work to deadlines.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to build co-operative relationships with clients, other departments, and key stakeholders such as suppliers.
• Willing to take the initiative and be proactive, whilst knowing when to ask for help.
Job Type: Full Time – 9 AM to 5 PM
Salary range: Between £30k and £40k
Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.