SALARY: £28,500 plus £2,000 signing on bonus
Sims Limited is the world’s leading electronics and metal recycling company. We are global leaders in the secure and sustainable management of metals from industry, trade and the wider community. With an annual turnover exceeding £5 billion and hundreds of sites across the world, our performance and leadership on environmental, social and governance policies has seen us listed as one of the Global Top 100 Most Sustainable Corporations.
Sims Metal is a business division of Sims Limited. Sims Limited and each of its business divisions play an integral role in the circular economy by making resources available for future use. Our purpose, create a world without waste to preserve our planet, is what drives us to constantly innovate and offer new solutions in the circular economy for consumers, businesses, governments and communities around the world.
We operate from over five continents, with over 40 metals recycling sites in the UK. Globally, the business has over 100 years of experience in metals recycling and lead the way in technology development to achieve higher recycling and recovery rates.
In this structured development programme, you will be exposed to all aspects of the recycling business through rotations based across our sites. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of capital projects, new equipment installation/commissioning, and continuous/process improvement initiatives across operations.
Through these projects/rotations, you will gain exposure to, and knowledge about, the various functional departments within Sims, such as engineering, production, logistics, sales and marketing, safety health and environment, business administration and finance. This integrated approach will provide a diverse experience across the work environments at Sims, including significant time working outside with the operational teams and developing experience through proximity to our complex processing equipment.
Throughout your time on our Graduate Programme, you will receive interactive, hands-on training, as well as a series of blended learning modules that will help develop and strengthen your professional knowledge and skills. You will also be paired with a mentor who will provide you with insight, knowledge, support and guidance. In tandem with this, you will be enrolled into an externally delivered Aspiring Leaders Development Programme. This is an experiential programme that offers an industry recognised qualification at the end. Each rotation and the leadership experiential learning will ensure that you get exposure to a variety of projects, phases, and disciplines.
After completing the programme, you will commence a challenging yet rewarding role, where you will continue to grow professionally within the business.
• To gain insight into the various operations, processes, techniques and controls in the industry.
• To identify problems and implement corrective actions in accordance with procedure.
• To be responsible for your own development as well as that of the team.
• To install, test and maintain equipment.
• To design, perform and conduct trials that prove operational or product improvements
• To contribute to our continual improvement process.
• To analyse data, draw conclusions, make recommendations and implement improvements.
• To build business and operational models.
To be successful in this challenging position you will have:
• A sound degree in Science, Engineering, Economics or Business Management.
• Exceptional organisational skills.
• A high level of attention to detail and accuracy with at least some analytical skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Motivation, flexibility and adaptability.
• An inquisitive nature and resourceful approach.
• The ability to contribute new ideas.
• A never-ending commitment to delivering results.
• Have a UK Driving Licence, or a demonstrable commitment to gaining a licence.
Ideally you will also:
• Have completed a placement year/year in industry.
• Be able to demonstrate commercial ability and acumen.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to develop and grow within a friendly and team-orientated international business.
£28,500 plus £2,000 signing on bonus
• Enrolment onto Aspiring Leaders Development Programme which offers an industry recognised management and leadership qualification on completion
• Your own personal mentor
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.