JOB TITLE: Engineering Graduate Programme (J002502)
COMPANY: Avara Foods
LOCATION: Brackley (Northamptonshire) or Hereford
SALARY: £28,000 (reviewed every 6 months throughout the programme) plus generous benefits and training package
Are you passionate about Engineering? Looking for a new challenge to kickstart your career?
As an inclusive, forward-thinking business, we take pride in our approach to Engineering across Avara Foods and are looking for a highly competent and motivated Engineering Graduate to be part of a high-performance team. You will be a key part of our site Engineering team, based at our advanced manufacturing site located in either Brackley (Northamptonshire) or Hereford.
Our Engineering Function is crucial to ensuring the maintenance and running of our operational facilities and help to develop and automate our facilities, so we are best in class and fit with our ambitious automation agenda of the future.
As an Engineering Graduate you will be joining our Engineering Teams on a 24 – 36 months varied and challenging programme, developing your skills, and raising your strategic awareness, with the aim of becoming a key member of the Engineering Team at one of our operational sites.
• Developing an in-depth knowledge of engineering processes, including preventative maintenance, asset management, data analysis, contract management
• Having engineering responsibility for an area within the factory and acting as an Asset Manager to monitor downtime, organise planned maintenance, gather data and analyse trends and conduct Root Cause Analyses
• Continually looking at ways we can improve our processes and drive continuous improvement and reliability initiatives
• Getting involved in site engineering projects to develop your project management skills, whilst working with key cross functional stakeholders
• Managing your own projects, utilising proven, innovative, or emerging technology solutions to solve operational problems and have an impact on operational performance
• Growing and developing your people skills by leading and influencing those around you in the engineering departments
• Managing contractors, including building key relationships with them, and ensuring they are delivering on business needs
• Communicating with all levels, including our customers and key stakeholders to always ensure transparent communication and influence key decisions
• Opportunity to work towards and gain your professional registration as a Chartered Engineer through our proven mentoring scheme
• Acting as a mentor or STEM ambassador in our local communities and across our school network to promote and engage with young students who are passionate about engineering and science
This role will be varied and at times challenging and is based within the factory and office environments.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious Engineering Graduate to join our team. To be successful you will:
• Have achieved a 2:2 degree (or higher) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or derivatives of these, with evidence of achievement throughout your studies
• Have an inquisitive and forward-thinking mindset, who is always looking to learn and develop
• Demonstrate a passion for continuous improvement and lean principles
• The ability to communicate confidently and effectively across all levels of the business
• Be confident in building effective working relationships and working as part of a team.
• Be able to pick up and deliver projects, with the ability to work unsupervised
• Have a flexible approach and responsible attitude to work and driving development
As an Engineering Graduate at Avara Foods, we want you to feel supported and inspired to be the best version of yourself. With a real job and responsibility from day one, our graduate programme framework ensures that you are given equal opportunity to learn all the necessary technical skills in your chosen field and provide you with practical business experience, as well as being personally tailored to you and your development plan.
When you complete the programme, you’ll have built a broad range of experience in a variety of roles to equip you with all the tools and skills needed to progress your career with Avara.
Though we offer many opportunities throughout the programme, it is your commitment, determination and resilience that will help to ensure you succeed.
• £28,000 starting salary with a review every 6 months on your programme
• Fully funded professional qualifications and training in line with career aspirations and your role. You will also be supported with any required Level 7 (Masters level) qualifications needed for Chartered Engineer status
• Relocation Allowance – we will support you if you rotate or move around for the duration of your programme
• 5% employer contribution towards Pension
• 31 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays
• Lifestyle benefits such as exclusive perks and discounted shopping vouchers, wellbeing support and discounted gym membership
We have a duty of care to our colleagues and wouldn’t want you to spend a large amount of time commuting, so we require our graduates to be based within a reasonable radius of their placement location. Relocation support is available.
Avara Foods is one of the UK’s largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to the nation’s most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 7000 people. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
All our operational facilities are Covid secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our people safe.
We work closely with our Graduate Recruitment Partner who will follow up the next stages in your application. Our assessment process includes an assessment day which we will host on one of our operational sites.
You’ll need to have the permanent right to stay and work in the UK.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today via the link below:
Engineering Graduate in United Kingdom – Avara Foods
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.