LOCATION 1: Home Based – Southern Region (living in or close proximity to Essex, Kent, Surrey)
LOCATION 2: Home Based – Central Region (living in or close proximity to Bristol, Gloucester)
SALARY: £30,000 plus generous bonus and benefits package
BMI Group is the largest manufacturer of flat and pitched roofing and waterproofing solutions throughout Europe with a significant presence in parts of Asia and Africa.
BMI Group deliver innovative roofing and waterproofing systems, designed to transform the way people live and work. Providing protection, added value and peace of mind for architects, roofers, building- and homeowners alike.
Empower, Evolve, Inspire and Connect – these are the values that drive us and make BMI a company where you can thrive and grow.
BMI Group is not just a world leader in the supply of total roofing systems. It is a place where people can reach their full potential.
We have operations all around the world, and a wide range of different job roles and opportunities to offer. With our global resources, local knowledge, and commitment to career development, we are geared to enable you to succeed.
From our knowledgeable sales advisors to our digital specialists; our technical experts, to our skilled factory workers; we value every role. But it is the connection that we have as a team where the real magic happens.
Working together we can achieve great things. Broaden your horizons…come and join us!
As an inclusive, forward-thinking business, BMI Group has identified the need to develop new talent and future leaders in key areas, across its business. We are looking for a highly competent and motivated individual to become part of a high-performance team joining our 2-year Early Careers programme as a Trainee Roofing Technical Specification Manager (TSM).
These roles are based from home.
The Trainee Roofing Technical Specification Manager is a fundamental position within the organisation. You will be assigned a Mentor who you will work alongside throughout the 2 -year programme and be exposed to all the key areas of the business and relevant tasks. In the process of learning you will assist your mentoring TSM with new business demand, developing our routes to market and generating full system sales opportunities for BMI`s Flat & Pitched Roofing Solutions. Initially you will gain experience of both our Pitched and Flat Technologies before specialising at the end of the programme.
Your personal and professional development will be supported by our Early Careers Recruitment Partner Discovery’s ‘Aspiring Leaders’ programme providing you with a blended approach to learning through experiential workshops, online learning forums and an experienced coach.
This role will operate across the Technical Sales Division within the UK & Ireland businesses. It will expose and involve you in broad spectrum of key TSM responsibilities and practical activities including:
• Shadowing and working under the direction of a Mentor Technical Sales Manager
• Taking ownership for the management and development of a selected group of account customers and surveyor clients across both the pitched and flat divisions.
• Attending all BMI Flat & Pitched Roofing Training Courses and External Health and Safety Training
• Under the direction of Mentor TSM undertaking Flat Roof Surveys including core samples then generate Condition Reports, Specifications and Quotations
• Delivering the targets and objectives set by the Divisional Technical Manager and Mentor TSMs showing initiative to create effective delivery plans. Monitoring through use of SAP Analytic reports
• Taking instruction in use of C4C & S4C platforms to maintain Sales Pipeline
• Attending regular Opportunity Management meetings with Divisional Sales Manager
As part of the candidate’s future development, you will be provided with study support towards qualification and membership of a recognised marketing body (e.g. Institute for Roofing).
We are looking for a driven and ambitious individual to join our team. To be successful you will:
Be on track or have achieved, a degree or equivalent in a relevant surveying, construction, or architecture degree such as a BSc
Hold/be working towards a related qualification such as an HND or T Level in Building Surveying or related discipline
Have relevant experience in the workplace and a strong ambition in the field
• Be comfortable working alone, at heights and using ladders
• Have the capacity to learn how to read and interpret design drawings
• Be PC Literate – to include Google G Suite/Microsoft Office
• Evidence good problem-solving skills and thrive under the challenge of doing so
• Have a practical, inquisitive, and forward-thinking mindset, who is always looking to learn & develop
• Be able to coordinate and prioritise multiple projects and tasks and able to present findings in a clear, logical, and professional manner.
• Have an accurate and thorough approach to work, can demonstrate attention to detail
• Possess the ability to communicate confidently and effectively across all levels within, and outside the organisation
• Be a proactive team player who is comfortable and confident in building effective working relationships and working as part of a team.
• Be able to pick up and deliver projects, with the ability to work unsupervised
• Have a flexible approach and responsible attitude to work and driving development
• Be prepared to challenge appropriately and professionally
• Evidence passion and achievements in academic and/or non- academic activities
• Hold a full clean driving licence
• Be flexible to travel around the UK&I
• Have an interest in construction
At BMI Group, we know how hard graduates and people early in careers work and what a substantial contribution they make to businesses and because of this, we offer the people who join us an enviable package.
In addition to a highly competitive starting salary of £30,000, you can also look forward to a range of benefits that amongst other things include the following:
• Substantial bonus based on personal and business performance – details available on request
• Support towards professional qualifications and training in line with career aspirations and your role and fully funded enrolment onto the Discovery ‘Aspiring Leaders’ Programme
• Pension – matched contribution 5-8%
• 25 days holiday plus UK public holidays (typically 8 days per annum)
• Private health insurance – single cover
• Cycle 2 Work scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Access to employee discount portal (days out, high street shops, restaurants, cinema etc)
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.