JOB TITLE: HR Graduate Programme – J002508
COMPANY: Avara Foods
LOCATION: Telford or Hereford
SALARY: £28,000 (reviewed every 6 months throughout the programme) plus generous benefits and training package
Are you passionate about People and HR? Looking for a new challenge to kickstart your career?
As an inclusive, forward-thinking business, we take pride in our approach to People and HR across Avara Foods and are looking for a highly competent and motivated HR Graduate to be part of our high-performing teams. You will be a key part of our HR Team, based at our advanced manufacturing sites located in either Telford (Shropshire) or Hereford.
Our People function is central to ensuring we can attract, recruit, and develop the right people to work with us. People are what make us at Avara Foods, they are central to what we do and deliver, and the diverse nature and skillset of our colleagues allows us to have ambitious growth plans.
As a HR Graduate you will be joining our HR Teams on a 24 – 36 months varied and challenging programme, developing your skills, and raising your strategic awareness. Over the programme you will gain an insight and understanding of how the People Function operate and deliver a service to the wider business. This will include insight and experience in Employee Relations, Shared Service functions such as Payroll, Recruitment, Training and People Management. A typical first placement may see you as a HR Advisor or a Recruitment Co-Ordinator at one of our operational sites.
• Developing an in-depth knowledge of HR processes, including employee relations, people management, learning and development, recruitment and how we communicate with our colleagues
• Continually looking at ways we can improve our processes and drive continuous improvement and reliability initiatives
• Getting involved in functional or site projects to develop your project management skills, whilst working with key cross functional stakeholders
• Growing and developing your people skills by leading and influencing those around you
• Gaining a full understanding of the business supply chain and how to HR partner to deliver the business objectives
• Opportunity to work towards and gain your CIPD or work towards your next level if you haven’t already got this
• Acting as a mentor in our local communities and across our schools network to promote and engage with young students who are passionate about starting and developing their careers
This role will be varied and at times challenging. You should expect to spend some time in the factory environment to understand our people and processes.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious HR Graduate to join our team. To be successful you will:
• Have achieved a 2:2 degree (or higher) and gained CCC at A Level, with evidence of academic achievement. A degree in HR or Business Management is ideal but not essential to the role – you must be a people person
• Proven interest within HR and pursuing a HR career
• Ability to prioritize and manage time sensitive tasks
• Have a naturally collaborative nature and be a people person
• Have an inquisitive and forward-thinking mindset, who is always looking to learn and develop
• Demonstrate a passion for continuous improvement
• The ability to communicate confidently and effectively across all levels of the business
• Be confident in building effective working relationships and working as part of a team.
• Be able to pick up and deliver projects, with the ability to work unsupervised
• Have a flexible approach and responsible attitude to work and driving your personal development
As a HR Graduate at Avara Foods, we want you to feel supported and inspired to be the best version of yourself. With a real job and responsibility from day one, our graduate programme framework ensures that you are given equal opportunity to learn all the necessary technical skills in your chosen field and provide you with practical business experience, as well as being personally tailored to you and your development plan.
When you complete the programme, you’ll have built a broad range of experience in a variety of roles to equip you with all the tools and skills needed to progress your career with Avara. Though we offer many opportunities throughout the programme, it is your commitment, determination and resilience that will help to ensure you succeed.
• £28,000 starting salary with a review every 6 months on your programme
• Fully funded professional qualifications and training in line with career aspirations and your role
• Relocation Allowance – we will support you if you rotate or move around for the duration of your programme
• 5% employer contribution towards Pension
• 31 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays
• Lifestyle benefits such as exclusive perks and discounted shopping vouchers, wellbeing support and discounted gym membership
We have a duty of care to our colleagues and wouldn’t want you to spend a large amount of time commuting, so we require our graduates to be based within a reasonable radius of their placement location. Relocation support is available.
Avara Foods is one of the UK’s largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to the nation’s most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 7000 people. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
All our operational facilities are Covid secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our people safe.
We work closely with our Graduate Recruitment Partner who will follow up the next stages in your application. Our assessment process includes an assessment day which we will host on one of our operational sites.
You’ll need to have the permanent right to stay and work in the UK.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today via the link below:
HR Graduate in United Kingdom – Avara Foods
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.