SALARY: £26,663 plus highly attractive personal benefits and development package
PASSION FOR FOOD, PASSION FOR FARMING
We are Britain’s biggest provider of higher welfare pork and the lowest cost sustainable pig farming business in the UK. We are also the largest producer of higher welfare pork globally. We are proud to partner with more than 1000 UK farmers who share our belief in the highest standards of animal welfare, efficiency, and quality.
Pilgrim’s UK is at the forefront of the food manufacturing industry, providing a wide range of high quality, innovative meat and non-meat products to the retail and food service sectors.
Our rich heritage is one built on unrivalled expertise in pork farming and processing. We operate in multiple categories, from snacking to fresh pork products. We continue to grow a sustainable business through strategic investment, and by listening to our customers and delivering the quality and added value we know our consumers want.
The successful candidate will be committed to a career within the food manufacturing sector and looking to develop their career in this fast paced, innovative, global organisation. You will play a significant role in our business of delivering a range of superior quality pork products to the international marketplace and ensuring that that the highest standards of animal welfare are maintained throughout. The successful candidate will gain a breadth of experience across all key aspects of the process, from planning to delivery. You will be involved in a variety of projects and disciplines across the business.
The Technical Trainee/Graduate Programme covers all key aspects of the business from a technical and commercial standpoint. This is a two-year programme which kicks off with an initial induction period where you will learn about the basics of the product and the key roles and processes involved in manufacturing in a factory environment. It will then be followed by 3 rotations where you get a deeper insight into the processes, procedures and people involved. Each rotation will be undertaken at a different Pilgrim’s location offering the broadest insight possible to the organisation. In tandem with this, you will be enrolled into an externally delivered Aspiring Leaders Development Programme. This is an experiential programme that offers an industry recognised qualification at the end. Each rotation and the leadership experiential learning will ensure that you get exposure to a variety of projects, phases, disciplines. From the outset, you will be allocated a Mentor who will support throughout the programme
The Technical Trainee/Graduate Programme is at the heart of the business and the successful candidate will be exposed to all key areas of the process as well as our customers. The programme consists of three, modules with the overall aim that by the end of the programme you will become an expert on the factory operations and the supply chain. The three rotations serve to build and develop on previously and newly acquired knowledge, and will include learning about the following areas of the business:
• Understanding the Supply Chain and its impact on production and delivery
• Operational Knowledge
• Yield and Quality Measures
• Quality Management
• Health and Safety
o Food Safety Standards
o Food Standard and Quality Investigations
o Root Cause Analysis
• Environmental Standard Operating Procedures
• Documentation and Protocols
• Food Packaging
• Working as part of a multi-disciplinary and multi-stakeholder team
• Process Improvement – cost and quality
• Technical Infrastructure including:
o Working Practices
o Continuous Improvement
o Supplier Selection
o Supplier Management
o Legal Requirements
o Customer and Certification Requirements
Successful applicants should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Analytical mindset
• Sound degree in a relevant area (e.g. Food Science or related subject)
• Drive, enthusiasm, a ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to think for yourself and take responsibility for your actions from day one
• Self-motivated with good time management and excellent organisational skills
• Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels with both internal and external stakeholders and customers
• Flexible to relocate
• An ability to apply your intelligence in a practical way, with the ability to develop & implement new ideas
• Consistent in achieving and driving for results
• Computer literate to a high level in Microsoft Office applications
• A strong and committed drive to pursue a career in the meat industry
• Have notable achievements in various areas to supplement your academic achievements (desirable)
• Driving licence, or a demonstrable commitment to gaining a licence.
£26,663 plus highly attractive personal benefits and development package including:
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.Trainee Technical Specification Manager (J002542)
LOCATION 1: Home Based – Southern Region (living in or close proximity to Essex, Kent, Surrey)
LOCATION 2: Home Based – Central Region (living in or close proximity to Bristol, Gloucester)
SALARY: £30,000 plus generous bonus and benefits package
BMI Group is the largest manufacturer of flat and pitched roofing and waterproofing solutions throughout Europe with a significant presence in parts of Asia and Africa.
BMI Group deliver innovative roofing and waterproofing systems, designed to transform the way people live and work. Providing protection, added value and peace of mind for architects, roofers, building- and homeowners alike.
Empower, Evolve, Inspire and Connect – these are the values that drive us and make BMI a company where you can thrive and grow.
BMI Group is not just a world leader in the supply of total roofing systems. It is a place where people can reach their full potential.
We have operations all around the world, and a wide range of different job roles and opportunities to offer. With our global resources, local knowledge, and commitment to career development, we are geared to enable you to succeed.
From our knowledgeable sales advisors to our digital specialists; our technical experts, to our skilled factory workers; we value every role. But it is the connection that we have as a team where the real magic happens.
Working together we can achieve great things. Broaden your horizons…come and join us!
As an inclusive, forward-thinking business, BMI Group has identified the need to develop new talent and future leaders in key areas, across its business. We are looking for a highly competent and motivated individual to become part of a high-performance team joining our 2-year Early Careers programme as a Trainee Roofing Technical Specification Manager (TSM).
These roles are based from home.
The Trainee Roofing Technical Specification Manager is a fundamental position within the organisation. You will be assigned a Mentor who you will work alongside throughout the 2 -year programme and be exposed to all the key areas of the business and relevant tasks. In the process of learning you will assist your mentoring TSM with new business demand, developing our routes to market and generating full system sales opportunities for BMI`s Flat & Pitched Roofing Solutions. Initially you will gain experience of both our Pitched and Flat Technologies before specialising at the end of the programme.
Your personal and professional development will be supported by our Early Careers Recruitment Partner Discovery’s ‘Aspiring Leaders’ programme providing you with a blended approach to learning through experiential workshops, online learning forums and an experienced coach.
This role will operate across the Technical Sales Division within the UK & Ireland businesses. It will expose and involve you in broad spectrum of key TSM responsibilities and practical activities including:
• Shadowing and working under the direction of a Mentor Technical Sales Manager
• Taking ownership for the management and development of a selected group of account customers and surveyor clients across both the pitched and flat divisions.
• Attending all BMI Flat & Pitched Roofing Training Courses and External Health and Safety Training
• Under the direction of Mentor TSM undertaking Flat Roof Surveys including core samples then generate Condition Reports, Specifications and Quotations
• Delivering the targets and objectives set by the Divisional Technical Manager and Mentor TSMs showing initiative to create effective delivery plans. Monitoring through use of SAP Analytic reports
• Taking instruction in use of C4C & S4C platforms to maintain Sales Pipeline
• Attending regular Opportunity Management meetings with Divisional Sales Manager
As part of the candidate’s future development, you will be provided with study support towards qualification and membership of a recognised marketing body (e.g. Institute for Roofing).
We are looking for a driven and ambitious individual to join our team. To be successful you will:
Be on track or have achieved, a degree or equivalent in a relevant surveying, construction, or architecture degree such as a BSc
Hold/be working towards a related qualification such as an HND or T Level in Building Surveying or related discipline
Have relevant experience in the workplace and a strong ambition in the field
• Be comfortable working alone, at heights and using ladders
• Have the capacity to learn how to read and interpret design drawings
• Be PC Literate – to include Google G Suite/Microsoft Office
• Evidence good problem-solving skills and thrive under the challenge of doing so
• Have a practical, inquisitive, and forward-thinking mindset, who is always looking to learn & develop
• Be able to coordinate and prioritise multiple projects and tasks and able to present findings in a clear, logical, and professional manner.
• Have an accurate and thorough approach to work, can demonstrate attention to detail
• Possess the ability to communicate confidently and effectively across all levels within, and outside the organisation
• Be a proactive team player who is comfortable and confident in building effective working relationships and working as part of a team.
• Be able to pick up and deliver projects, with the ability to work unsupervised
• Have a flexible approach and responsible attitude to work and driving development
• Be prepared to challenge appropriately and professionally
• Evidence passion and achievements in academic and/or non- academic activities
• Hold a full clean driving licence
• Be flexible to travel around the UK&I
• Have an interest in construction
At BMI Group, we know how hard graduates and people early in careers work and what a substantial contribution they make to businesses and because of this, we offer the people who join us an enviable package.
In addition to a highly competitive starting salary of £30,000, you can also look forward to a range of benefits that amongst other things include the following:
• Substantial bonus based on personal and business performance – details available on request
• Support towards professional qualifications and training in line with career aspirations and your role and fully funded enrolment onto the Discovery ‘Aspiring Leaders’ Programme
• Pension – matched contribution 5-8%
• 25 days holiday plus UK public holidays (typically 8 days per annum)
• Private health insurance – single cover
• Cycle 2 Work scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Access to employee discount portal (days out, high street shops, restaurants, cinema etc)
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.Graduate Technical Sale Programme (J002528)
Role: Graduate Technical Sales Programme x4
Salary: Competitive salary, Company Car / Car Allowance, 22 days Annual leave + 8 Bank holidays
Location: Candidates can be based in one of the following areas: Castleford Yorkshire, Tring Southeast, Rugeley Midlands.
Established in 1981, MGF is a market leader in the design, manufacture, hire and sale of temporary works equipment for the construction industry. We manufacture our own equipment, operate our own transport fleet, and importantly have an in-house engineering team who produce design solutions to meet customers’ requirements. Employing over 400 staff, we operate nationally from 14 locations.
Our business operates throughout the UK through localised depots so offers our employees the entrepreneurial feel of a small-company environment while, at the same time, the security of working for a privately owned successful and sustainable national business. Our Learning and Development Framework caters for all learning styles and includes on-the-job training, coaching, mentoring, on-line learning modules, practical workshops, as well as accredited training courses and the opportunity to gain professional qualifications. Our vision focuses on ‘Making Great Futures’ and to do this, we need a team of talented people who are aligned with our shared values and aspirations to build long term relationships with our customers to fully understand, meet and exceed their expectations.
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.Technical Sales Engineer (J002501)
Role: Technical Sales Engineer
Salary: Basic Salary £25,000 + Bonus, Company Car, Pension, Company Benefits, 31 days Annual Leave
Location: Field Based Role – Office is based in Halesowen
Remit: UK Nationwide
Vacuum Furnace Engineering (VFE) is a market-leading provider of maintenance servicing for heat treatment industry equipment including vacuum furnaces, melting and casting furnaces, electron beam welders, pumps, spark plasma sintering and autoclaves. Our ServiceCare service offering incorporates planned and preventative maintenance, 24/7 emergency callouts, spares, overhaul and repair services. VFE is also a specialist in the design, supply and overhaul of vacuum furnaces including control system upgrades and modifications, and hotzone design, replacement, and overhaul.
We are excited to be recruiting for x2 new Technical Sales Engineers to join our UK Sales team. Field based, our Technical Sales Engineers are consultative sales professionals who sell maintenance service contracts and furnace equipment with an average order value between £1,000 – £250,000. Eventually working towards KPI’s, our Sales Engineers will split their role 50% new business focused and 50% existing account management. This is a Technical Consultative role in which you will build a rapport and relationship with the customer
We are looking to recruit a Graduate with a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Electronics Engineering. A people person with good communication skills – Verbal and written. We are looking for a self-starter with resilience, determination and motivation who is able to work independently and as part of a team. Must have excellent customer service skills complimented by your keen eye for detail and a never-ending commitment to delivering results.
Eligible to live and work in the UK
Full UK Driving license
2:1 Related Degree Discipline
We support and train our new graduates throughout the course of their career. It is expected that our Graduate Technical Sales Engineers will become either future Engineering Managers or future Sales Managers within our business. You will have full coaching and support from our Sales Director and Sales Manager.