JOB TITLE: Technical Graduate Programme (J002505)
COMPANY: Avara Foods
SALARY: £28,000 (reviewed every 6 months throughout the programme) plus generous benefits and training package
Are you passionate about operating to high standards? Looking for a new challenge to kickstart your career?
As an inclusive, forward-thinking business, we take pride in our approach to Technical across Avara Foods and are looking for a highly competent and motivated Technical Graduate to be part of a high-performance team. You will be a key part of our site technical team, based at our advanced manufacturing sites located in Brackley (Northamptonshire).
Our technical teams are key to us being able to manufacture our products and make sure we continue to produce the best products we can, by meeting our own and the industry’s high standards to ensure we develop and manufacture safe, high-quality products for our customers and the consumer.
As a Technical Graduate you will be joining our Technical function on a 3-year varied programme where you will rotate around 2 or 3 sites and departments, learning and working as part of our technical teams within our Primary and Processing Operations, Agriculture, Compliance, and our Laboratories. You will develop your skills and raise your strategic awareness, with the aim of becoming a key member of the site technical team.
• Developing an in-depth knowledge of technical processes including Quality, Auditing, Compliance, Foods Safety Standard and Technical Services
• Getting involved in site technical projects to develop your project management skills, whilst working with key cross functional stakeholders
• Growing and developing your people skills by leading and influencing those around you in the technical team
• Gaining qualifications in internal auditing and supporting on internal and customer audits once you are
• Investigating and responding to customer queries and issues
• Communicating with all levels, including our customers and key stakeholders to always ensure transparent communication
• Monitoring environmental measures (such as noise, odour etc) and taking responsibility for key environmental elements within our locating communities
This role will be varied and at times challenging and is based within the factory and office environments.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious Technical Graduate to join our team. To be successful you will:
• Have achieved a 2:2 degree (or higher) in a Food related subject (such as Food Technology, NPD, Food Science) or with an environmental or sustainability bias, and CCC (or higher) at A-Level
• Be passionate about the environment and understanding of our impact as individuals and a large business with environmental and sustainable responsibilities in our local communities
• Have an inquisitive and forward-thinking mindset, who is always looking to learn and develop
• Demonstrate a passion for continuous improvement and lean principles
• Have the ability to communicate confidently and effectively across all levels of the business
• Be confident in building effective working relationships and working as part of a team.
• Be able to pick up and deliver projects, with the ability to work unsupervised
• Have a flexible approach and responsible attitude to work and driving development
As a Technical Sustainability Graduate at Avara Foods, we want you to feel supported and inspired to be the best version of yourself. With a real job and responsibility from day one the graduate programme framework ensures that you are given equal opportunity to learn all the necessary technical skills in your chosen field and provide you with practical business experience, as well as being personally tailored to you and your development plan.
When you complete the programme, you’ll have built a broad range of experience in a variety of roles to equip you with all the tools and skills needed to progress your career with Avara. Though we offer many opportunities throughout the programme, it is your commitment, determination and resilience that will help to ensure you succeed.
• £28,000 starting salary with a review every 6 months on your programme
• Fully funded professional qualifications and training in line with career aspirations and your role
• Relocation Allowance – we will support you if you rotate or move around for the duration of your programme
• 5% employer contribution towards Pension
• 31 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays
• Lifestyle benefits such as exclusive perks and discounted shopping vouchers, wellbeing support and discounted gym membership
We have a duty of care to our employees/colleagues and wouldn’t want you to spend a large amount of time commuting, so we require our graduates to be based within a reasonable radius of their placement location. Relocation support is available.
Avara Foods is one of the UK’s largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to the nation’s most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 7000 people. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
All our operational facilities are Covid secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our people safe.
We work closely with our Graduate Recruitment Partners who will follow up the next stages in your application. Our assessment process includes an assessment day which we will host on one of our operational sites.
You’ll need to have the permanent right to stay and work in the UK.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today via the link below:
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.