SALARY: £26,663 plus highly attractive personal benefits and development package
PASSION FOR FOOD, PASSION FOR FARMING
We are Britain’s biggest provider of higher welfare pork and the lowest cost sustainable pig farming business in the UK. We are also the largest producer of higher welfare pork globally. We are proud to partner with more than 1000 UK farmers who share our belief in the highest standards of animal welfare, efficiency, and quality.
Pilgrim’s UK is at the forefront of the food manufacturing industry, providing a wide range of high quality, innovative meat and non-meat products to the retail and food service sectors.
Our rich heritage is one built on unrivalled expertise in pork farming and processing. We operate in multiple categories, from snacking to fresh pork products. We continue to grow a sustainable business through strategic investment, and by listening to our customers and delivering the quality and added value we know our consumers want.
The successful candidate will be committed to a career within the food manufacturing sector and looking to develop their career in this fast paced, innovative, global organisation. You will play a significant role in our business of delivering a range of superior quality pork products to the international marketplace and ensuring that that the highest standards of animal welfare are maintained throughout. The successful candidate will gain a breadth of experience across all key aspects of the process, from planning to delivery. You will be involved in a variety of projects and disciplines across the business.
The Operations Graduate Trainee Rotational Development Programme covers all key aspects of the business from an operational standpoint. This is a two-year programme which kicks off with an initial induction period where you will learn about the basics of the product and the key roles and processes involved in manufacturing in a factory environment. It will then be followed by 3 rotations where you get a deeper insight into the processes, procedures, and people involved. Each rotation will be undertaken at a different Pilgrim’s location offering the broadest insight possible to the organisation. In tandem with this, you will be enrolled into an externally delivered Aspiring Leaders Development Programme. This is an experiential programme that offers an industry recognised qualification at the end. Each rotation and the leadership experiential learning will ensure that you get exposure to a variety of projects, phases, and disciplines. From the outset, you will be allocated a Mentor who will support throughout the programme.
The Operations Graduate Trainee Development Programme is at the heart of the business and the successful candidate will be exposed to all key areas of the process as well as our customers. The three rotations serve to build and develop on previously and newly acquired knowledge, and will look at the following areas of the business:
Rotation 1 – Introduction
• Product Knowledge
• Continuous Improvement
• Optimise use of technology
• Quality Management
Rotation 2 – Fresh
• Carcass Balance
Rotation 3 – Retail Pack
• High and Low Care
• Machine Setting
• Roles and Responsibilities on the factory floor
o Shadowing Line Leader
o Running a Line/Department
• Production Planning
In addition to the above, you will learn about a wide range of other tasks and activities that you would face in an operational role including:
P&L Financial Awareness
Budget and Spend
Health and Safety
Successful applicants should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Analytical mindset
• Sound degree in a relevant area (e.g. Business Management, Engineering, Economics, Maths)
• Drive, enthusiasm, a ‘can do’ attitude, with the ability to think for yourself and take responsibility for your actions from day one
• Self-motivated with good time management and excellent organisational skills
• Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels with both internal and external stakeholders and customers
• Flexible to relocate
• An ability to apply your intelligence in a practical way, with the ability to develop & implement new ideas
• Capable at organising and structuring work
• Consistent in achieving and driving for results
• Computer literate to a high level in Microsoft Office applications and other digital tools including Vision
• A strong and committed drive to pursue a career in Operations
• Demonstrate a rounded profile
• Have notable achievements in various areas to supplement your academic achievements (desirable)
• Driving licence, or a demonstrable commitment to gaining a licence.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to develop and grow within a friendly and team-orientated international business
£26,663 plus highly attractive personal benefits and development package including:
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Category||Logistics, Operations & Supply Chain|