JOB TITLE: Logistics Graduate Programme – J002506
COMPANY: Avara Foods
SALARY: £28,000 (reviewed every 6 months throughout the programme) plus generous benefits and training package
Are you passionate about Transport and Logistics? Looking for a new challenge to kickstart your career?
As an inclusive, forward-thinking business, we take pride in our approach to Logistics across Avara Foods and are looking for a highly competent and motivated Logistics Graduate to be part of a high-performance team. You will be a key part of our site Logistics team, based at our advanced manufacturing site located in Telford (Shropshire).
Our Logistics operations play a vital role in ensuring goods flow throughout our supply chain, running 24 hours a day 7 days a week and meet our customer requirements to deliver quality, fresh and convenient products.
As a Logistics Graduate you will be joining our logistics operation on a 24 – 36 months varied and challenging programme, developing your skills, and raising your strategic awareness, with the aim of becoming a key member of the site logistics team.
• Developing an in-depth knowledge of logistics processes, including Transport, Warehouse, Despatch and Compliance and health and safety standards
• Getting involved in logistics projects to develop your project management skills, whilst working with key cross functional stakeholders
• Growing and developing your people skills by leading and influencing those around you in the logistics team
• Communicating with all levels, including our customers and key stakeholders to always ensure transparent communication and influence key decisions
• Opportunity to work towards and gain your Transport Manager CPC or other relevant qualifications
This role will be varied and at times challenging and is based within the factory and office environments.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious Logistics Graduate to join our team. To be successful you will:
• Have achieved a 2:2 degree (or higher), and CCC (or higher) at A-Level, with evidence of achievement (A bias in Logistics, or Supply Chain Management is desirable but not essential)
• Have an inquisitive and forward-thinking mindset, who is always looking to learn and develop
• Demonstrate a passion for continuous improvement and lean principles
• The ability to communicate confidently and effectively across all levels of the business
• Be confident in building effective working relationships and working as part of a team
• Be able to pick up and deliver projects, with the ability to work unsupervised
• Have a flexible approach and responsible attitude to work and driving development
As a Logistics Graduate at Avara Foods, we want you to feel supported and inspired to be the best version of yourself. With a real job and responsibility from day one, our graduate programme framework ensures that you are given equal opportunity to learn all the necessary technical skills in your chosen field and provide you with practical business experience, as well as being personally tailored to you and your development plan.
When you complete the programme, you’ll have built a broad range of experience in a variety of roles to equip you with all the tools and skills needed to progress your career with Avara. Though we offer many opportunities throughout the programme, it is your commitment, determination and resilience that will help to ensure you succeed.
• £28,000 starting salary with a review every 6 months on your programme
• Fully funded professional qualifications and training in line with career aspirations and your role
• Relocation Allowance – we will support you if you rotate or move around for the duration of your programme
• 5% employer contribution towards Pension
• 31 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays
• Lifestyle benefits such as exclusive perks and discounted shopping vouchers, wellbeing support and discounted gym membership
We have a duty of care to our colleagues and wouldn’t want you to spend a large amount of time commuting, so we require our graduates to be based within a reasonable radius of their placement location. Relocation support is available.
Avara Foods is one of the UK’s largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to the nation’s most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 7000 people. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
All our operational facilities are Covid secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our people safe.
We work closely with our Graduate Recruitment Partner who will follow up the next stages in your application. Our assessment process includes an assessment day which we will host on one of our operational sites.
You’ll need to have the permanent right to stay and work in the UK.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today via the link below:
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.