LOCATION: Milton Keynes
SALARY: £24,000 and generous benefits package
BMI Group is the largest manufacturer of flat and pitched roofing and waterproofing solutions throughout Europe with a significant presence in parts of Asia and Africa.
BMI Group deliver innovative roofing and waterproofing systems, designed to transform the way people live and work. Providing protection, added value and peace of mind for architects, roofers, building- and homeowners alike.
Empower, Evolve, Inspire and Connect – these are the values that drive us and make BMI a company where you can thrive and grow.
BMI Group is not just a world leader in the supply of total roofing systems. It is a place where people can reach their full potential.
We have operations all around the world, and a wide range of different job roles and opportunities to offer. With our global resources, local knowledge, and commitment to career development, we are geared to enable you to succeed.
From our knowledgeable sales advisors to our digital specialists; our technical experts, to our skilled factory workers; we value every role. But it is the connection that we have as a team where the real magic happens.
Working together we can achieve great things. Expand your horizons…come and join us!
As an inclusive, forward-thinking business, BMI Group has identified the need to develop bright, driven and inquiring undergraduates in key areas, across its business. We are looking for a highly competent and motivated individual to be part of a high-performance team joining our 12-month Early Careers Industrial Placement (Undergraduate) Programme.
The Human Resources (HR) Industrial Placement will work within our HR Operations team. You will build your understanding of HR in practice and gain invaluable skills by taking responsibility for key HR activities across the employee cycle. You will gain exposure to all aspects of an HR Generalist role including Employee Relations and Compensation and Benefits to develop both specialist and operational skills. You will be given the opportunity to support in the implementation and delivery of HR specific projects, developing your knowledge of the broader aspects of the HR function.
Your personal and professional development will be supported by our Early Careers recruitment partner Discovery’s ‘Introduction to Business & Customers’ programme providing you with a blended approach to learning through experiential workshops, online learning forums and an experienced coach.
This role will operate across the Human Resources Department within the UK & Ireland. It will expose and involve you in broad spectrum of key HR responsibilities and tasks including:
• Responding to enquiries received via the HR Inbox, and onsite at our Milton Keynes office, providing administrative support, advice and guidance on HR policy and practice in relation to matters such as absence, maternity, performance management and JML/recruitment.
• Supporting HR and Payroll colleagues with processing employee information to deadlines ensuring compliance with BMI policy.
• Processing changes and maintaining the Company’s HRIS (Workday), ensuring all data records are compliant with GDPR.
• Administration of Company Benefits including Company Cars, Pensions and Healthcare.
• Support the HRBP’s and HRA with the documentation of investigations, performance and or disciplinary meetings.
• Partner with members of the HR team to gain a varied experience in different HR projects that impact the UKI business, individual sites and business functions. You will support and deliver on key elements of HR projects such as Wellbeing initiatives, D&I initiatives, Onboarding and Induction, in line with the annual HR strategy.
• Responsibility for the management and growth of the HR portal (Workplace) for HR communications.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious Undergraduate to join our team. To be successful you will:
• Be on track to achieve a 2:1 degree (or higher) in a related degree discipline
• Have an accurate and thorough approach to work. Proactive and able to work unsupervised
• Be able to present findings in a clear, logical and professional manner.
• Possess the ability to manage a high volume of workload and have a flexible approach
• Evidence good problem-solving skills and thrive under the challenge of doing so
• Have an inquisitive and forward-thinking mindset, who is always looking to learn and develop
• Be accurate and thorough approach to work, can demonstrate attention to detail
• Be PC Literate – G suite in particular
• Possess the ability to communicate confidently and effectively across all levels within, and outside the organisation and with a diverse range of people
• Be a proactive team player who is comfortable and confident in building effective working relationships and working as part of a team.
• Possess excellent leadership skills & self-starting capabilities demonstrating creativity & strategic understanding
• Have a flexible approach and responsible attitude to work
• Evidence of passion and achievements in academic and/or non- academic activities
• Availability to work for 12 months for the placement
At BMI Group, we know how hard undergraduates work and what a substantial contribution they make to businesses and because of this, we offer the people who join us an enviable package.
In addition to a highly competitive starting salary of £24,000, you can also look forward to a range of benefits that amongst other things include the following:
• Support towards professional qualifications and training in line with career aspirations and your role and fully funded enrolment onto the Discovery ‘Introduction to Business and its Customers’ Programme
• Pension – matched contribution 5-8%
• 25 days holiday plus UK public holidays (typically 8 days per annum)
• Cycle 2 Work scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Access to employee discount portal (days out, high street shops, restaurants, cinema etc)
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.