JOB TITLE: Graduate Development Technologist – New Product Development (J002518)
COMPANY: Pilgrim’s Pride
LOCATION: Corsham, Wiltshire
PASSION FOR FOOD, PASSION FOR FARMING
We are Britain’s biggest provider of higher welfare pork and the lowest cost sustainable pig farming business in the UK. We are also the largest producer of higher welfare pork globally. We are proud to partner with more than 1000 UK farmers who share our belief in the highest standards of animal welfare, efficiency and quality.
Pilgrim’s UK is at the forefront of the food manufacturing industry, providing a wide range of high quality, innovative products to the retail and food service sectors.
Our rich heritage is one built on unrivalled expertise in pork farming and processing. We operate in multiple categories, from snacking to fresh pork products. We continue to grow a sustainable business through strategic investment, and by listening to our customers and delivering the quality and added value we know our consumers want.
The successful candidate will be committed to a career within the food manufacturing sector and looking to develop their career in this fast paced, innovative, global organisation. You will play a significant role in our business of delivering a range of superior quality pork products to the international marketplace and ensuring that that the highest standards of animal welfare are maintained throughout. The successful candidate will gain a breadth of experience across all key aspects of the process, from planning to delivery. You will be involved in a variety of projects and disciplines across the business.
The Graduate Development Technologist sits within the New Product Development department. It is an entry level role where you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow into the role whilst supporting the delivery of NPD and innovation activity. You will get involved in various projects made up of retailer briefs and internal innovation plans.
• General – Supports a broad range of NPD/EPD activities and tasks – working with Development manager, technologists and chefs
• Stage & Gate – Delivers their project responsibilities within the business NPD stage & gate process. Supports in gate meetings with information & documentation
• Costings – Provides information for costings and works with chefs, production, finance & commercial teams to ensure accurate costings are produced
• Passion for Food – Has a passion for food & supports growth of food culture in the business and has a strong focus on product quality
• Technical – Learns and applies technical requirements for the NPD projects
• Customer – Supports in customer facing meetings
• Site – Learns and applies site capabilities to their NPD projects. Attends factory trials.
• Kitchen work – Makes samples, weighs recipes and runs/arranges tastings
• Administration – covers many team admin tasks such as new raw material sourcing, arranging couriers, sample shopping, data capture & benchmarking
• Interest in food and food industry
• Recognises & committed to NPD career path
• Ideally some – NPD work placement or other food manufacturing experience
• Food Related Degree (Food Technology, Food Science, Nutrition)
£26,500 plus highly attractive personal benefits and development package including:
• Enrolment onto Future Leaders Development Programme which offers an industry recognised management and leadership qualification on completion
• Access to world class E- Learning, IGD courses and webinars
• Your own personal mentor
• Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• An invitation to join ‘Our Table’ providing you with a huge range of discounts on everyday items such as groceries, utilities as well as cinema tickets, gym memberships
• Access to a platform providing lots of wellbeing activities, including support and guidance, and our Reward and Recognition activities
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.