Role: Graduate Design Engineer (J002598)
Salary: Basic Salary £27,000
Benefits: Pension matched up to 5%, Life assurance x 3 salary, Flexi time – FTE 38 hour per week , 4.5 day per week – 12 noon finish on Fridays, EAP offered, EV scheme – salary sacrifice, Cycle to work scheme, Mental health & Staff forum, Bonus payable in Jan (Excluding first year) up to £500.00 based on company & individual targets, 21 Days Holiday + 3 days for Christmas shut down and 8 Bank Holidays
Location: Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
Established for over 35 years, Cembre Ltd is the UK subsidiary of one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of electrical connectors. Offering a product range of rail plant and equipment, we supply a superior high-quality catalogue of products.
Going from strength to strength; we have achieved a rapid increase in revenue aligned with ambitious growth objectives in the past 2 years. Now we are looking for the right people, with the right skills and attitudes to take our business forward. If you are a Graduate looking to start an exciting career and want to be part of making a difference every day, come & join our team.
About the role:
Reporting to the Design Lead, our new Graduate Design Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing products and tooling and implementing improvements to manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Summarise scientific and engineering principles in an easy to understand manner
- Write technical reports to summarise findings
- Cover the concept, specification, development of new tooling components
- Undertake CAD model creation, prototyping and appropriate testing
- Perform essential material stress-strain analysis calculations and DFMEA/PFMEA analysis
- Identify new systems and processes to drive quality, efficiency and save costs
- Communicate effectively with the clients, colleagues and contractors involved in a project
Who are we looking for?:
- We are interested in speaking to Graduates who have any form of Engineering degree including – Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Aerospace Engineering
- We are looking for a self-starter with an enthusiasm to learn
- We believe that diversity in our workforce enriches our organisation, makes us more effective in accomplishing our mission and therefore strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply for our open positions
- Although not essential to the role we would welcome candidates who are fluent in other languages, especially Italian
What happens next:
- After we receive your CV our resource team will be in touch to have a conversation with you to understand more about your areas of interest.
- You will be invited to attend our online assessment centre, our “Discovery Day” in which you will meet us virtually, and we can learn more about you. Also giving you a great opportunity to experience a virtual assessment centre process and receive feedback to support your job hunting.
- The final stage is an invitation to attend Cembre Head Office, meet the team, see the college and complete your tasks and interview.
- We support you throughout the offer stages, starting and finding your feet in your new Design Engineer role
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.