LOCATION: Milton Keynes
SALARY: £24,000 and generous benefits package
BMI Group is the largest manufacturer of flat and pitched roofing and waterproofing solutions throughout Europe with a significant presence in parts of Asia and Africa.
BMI Group deliver innovative roofing and waterproofing systems, designed to transform the way people live and work. Providing protection, added value and peace of mind for architects, roofers, building- and homeowners alike.
Empower, Evolve, Inspire and Connect – these are the values that drive us and make BMI a company where you can thrive and grow.
BMI Group is not just a world leader in the supply of total roofing systems. It is a place where people can reach their full potential.
We have operations all around the world, and a wide range of different job roles and opportunities to offer. With our global resources, local knowledge, and commitment to career development, we are geared to enable you to succeed.
From our knowledgeable sales advisors to our digital specialists; our technical experts, to our skilled factory workers; we value every role. But it is the connection that we have as a team where the real magic happens.
Working together we can achieve great things. Expand your horizons…come and join us!
As an inclusive, forward-thinking business, BMI Group has identified the need to develop bright, driven and inquiring undergraduates in key areas, across its business. We are looking for a highly competent and motivated individual to be part of a high-performance team joining our 12-month Early Careers Undergraduate Programme.
The Finance Industrial Placement role is fundamental to our mission of developing Early Career talent to be the future of our business. In the 12 months you spend with us, you will be encouraged to learn and grow, within an encouraging team, driven by accountability and results. You will be trusted with key projects and supported to contribute to valuable business processes.
Your personal and professional development will be supported by our Early Careers partner Discovery’s ‘Introduction to Business & Customers’ programme providing you with a blended approach to learning through experiential workshops, online learning forums and an experienced coach.
This Finance Industrial Placement role will operate across the Finance Department within the UK & Ireland. It will provide you with an enviable opportunity to learn from and contribute to:
• Financial Accounting
• Management Accounting
• Balance sheets
• Financial Statements
You will be assigned a mentor who will guide and support you through key projects and initiatives, you will be encouraged to make your mark in your placement, particularly around key business processes, such as forecasting and cash-flow monitoring, that will benefit from your fresh ideas and creativity.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious undergraduate to join our team. To be successful you will:
• Be on track to achieve a 2:1 degree (or higher) in a related degree discipline e.g. Accounting/Finance degree, Engineering, Business, Economics
• Be able to handle numbers and numerical tasks confidently and effectively
• Have an accurate and thorough approach to work, can demonstrate attention to detail
• Be able to present findings in a clear, logical and professional manner.
• Possess the ability to manage a high volume of workload and have a flexible approach
• Evidence good problem-solving skills and thrive under the challenge of doing so
• Have an inquisitive and forward-thinking mindset, who is always looking to learn and develop
• Be prepared to challenge appropriately and professionally.
• Be PC Literate – Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets in particular
• Possess the ability to communicate confidently and effectively across all levels within, and outside the organisation and with a diverse range of people
• Be a proactive team player who is comfortable and confident in building effective working relationships and working as part of a team.
• Possess excellent leadership skills & self-starting capabilities demonstrating creativity & strategic understanding
• Have a flexible approach and responsible attitude to work
• Evidence of passion and achievements in academic and/or non- academic activities
• Be able to travel around the UK & Ireland (short periods)
• Have the availability to work for 12 months for the placement
At BMI Group, we know how hard undergraduates work and what a substantial contribution they make to businesses and because of this, we offer the people who join us an enviable package.
In addition to a highly competitive starting salary of £24,000, you can also look forward to a range of benefits that amongst other things include the following:
• Support towards professional qualifications and training in line with career aspirations and your role and fully funded enrolment onto the Discovery ‘Introduction to Business and its Customers’ Programme
• Pension – matched contribution 5-8%
• 25 days holiday plus UK public holidays (typically 8 days per annum)
• Cycle 2 Work scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Access to employee discount portal (days out, high street shops, restaurants, cinema etc)
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Category||Finance & Accounting|