JOB TITLE: Finance Graduate (J002520)
COMPANY: Epwin Group PLC
LOCATION: Tamworth, Staffordshire
SALARY: Highly Competitive Graduate Salary and Benefits Package
Epwin Group PLC is the leading manufacturer of energy efficient and low maintenance building products for the Repair, Maintenance and Improvement, Social Housing and New Build markets in the UK. It is one of the UK’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of PVC windows, doors, and fascia systems with some of the best-known manufacturing and service names in the sector. It has an annual Group turnover in excess of £300million.
Sustainability is at the heart of the organisation and Epwin Group takes a strong ethical stance in its manufacturing and distribution operations which is demonstrated in its significant investment in Quality, Environmental and H&S Certifications.
Serving both the Trade and Retail markets in the UK, Epwin Group PLC operates an extensive branch network covering the whole of the UK offering several well-respected brands such as Swish and Kestrel. It also sells complimentary product lines such as flat roofing systems, decorative panelling, and sealants to reinforce its position as a respected industry leader.
As an inclusive, forward-thinking business, Epwin Group PLC has identified the need to develop future leaders in the areas of sales, commercial, finance and operations. We are looking for a highly competent and motivated Finance Graduate to be part of a high-performance team joining our 2-year Graduate Programme. You will be a key part of both our Business Components and Specialist Building Distribution Divisions based at our sites in Tamworth.
The Finance Graduate role will be exposed to and will participate fully in a broad range of activities to provide real business experience, quantifiable business benefits and the opportunity for a challenging and rewarding career within the Epwin Group.
Your personal and professional development will be supported by the Discovery Aspiring Leaders programme providing you with a blended approach to learning through experiential workshops, online learning forums and an experienced coach.
The position will require the successful applicant to assist in the development, definition, and implementation of a standardised Divisional approach to internal reporting of monthly, quarterly, and annual information, both financial and non-financial.
The role will be cover a broad range of businesses across the divisions and the successful candidate will be expected to communicate confidently with all levels of personnel across the divisions and its operating units.
As part of the candidate’s future development Finance Graduates will be provided with study support towards qualification and membership of a recognised accountancy body (ACCA/CIMA). Qualification study is likely to last circa 3 years to complete.
Following an initial induction to the business and Group, the Finance Graduate will work under the guidance and supervision of the Finance mentors including work on the following areas:
• Development of standard presentation of information required by Divisional/Group Finance.
• Development of standardised format for monthly controls environment, sales and cost reporting including variance analysis
• Development of working capital controls and reporting
• Develop and carry out an internal audit process to ensure compliance with Divisional requirements/standards.
• Take on the responsibility (with guidance) of being the Finance representative on business improvement initiatives.
• Support for wider finance department in preparation of weekly cash flow forecasts and preparation of monthly management accounts.
• Development of ERP system
We are looking for a driven and ambitious Graduate to join our team. To be successful you will:
• Have achieved a 2:2 degree (or higher) ideally, but not limited to, in an Accounting or Finance-related discipline
• Keen to study and become a member for ACCA/CIMA qualifications.
• Have an inquisitive and forward-thinking mindset, who is always looking to learn and develop
• Analytical – comfortable and competent in managing large datasets.
• The ability to communicate confidently and effectively across all levels of the business
• Be confident in building effective working relationships and working as part of a team.
• Be able to pick up and deliver projects, with the ability to work unsupervised
• Have a flexible approach and responsible attitude to work and driving development
At Epwin Group, we know how hard graduates work and what a substantial contribution they make to businesses and because of this, we offer the people who join us an enviable package.
In addition to a highly competitive starting salary, you can also look forward to a range of benefits that amongst other things include the following:
• Support towards professional qualifications and training in line with career aspirations and your role and fully funded enrolment onto the Discovery Future Leaders Programme
• Generous employer contribution towards Epwin Group company pension scheme including death in service offering
• 32 days holiday (inclusive of public holidays)
• Lifestyle benefits such as exclusive perks and discounted shopping vouchers, wellbeing support and discounted gym membership
• Access to the Group’s ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Category||Finance & Accounting|