LOCATION: Milton Keynes
SALARY: £30,000 plus generous bonus and benefits package
BMI Group is the largest manufacturer of flat and pitched roofing and waterproofing solutions throughout Europe with a significant presence in parts of Asia and Africa.
BMI Group deliver innovative roofing and waterproofing systems, designed to transform the way people live and work. Providing protection, added value and peace of mind for architects, roofers, building- and homeowners alike.
Empower, Evolve, Inspire and Connect – these are the values that drive us and make BMI a company where you can thrive and grow.
BMI Group is not just a world leader in the supply of total roofing systems. It is a place where people can reach their full potential.
We have operations all around the world, and a wide range of different job roles and opportunities to offer. With our global resources, local knowledge, and commitment to career development, we are geared to enable you to succeed.
From our knowledgeable sales advisors to our digital specialists; our technical experts, to our skilled factory workers; we value every role. But it is the connection that we have as a team where the real magic happens.
Working together we can achieve great things. Broaden your horizons…come and join us!
As an inclusive, forward-thinking business, BMI Group has identified the need to develop future leaders in the across its business. We are looking for a highly competent and motivated Finance Graduate to be part of a high-performance team joining our 2-year Graduate Programme.
In Finance, we have an agenda that spans across our entire business. As part of the finance team, you play a pivotal role in guiding our success. From managing the profitability of one of our product groups to being a key financial influence at one of our manufacturing operations or in our Global Business Services Centre, your impact will be felt across the company. Accounting, Finance, Treasury, Taxes and more – we’re looking for the best of the best to lead our business partners.
Your personal and professional development will be supported by the our Early Careers Recruitment partner Discovery’s ‘Aspiring Leaders’ programme providing you with a blended approach to learning through experiential workshops, online learning forums and an experienced coach.
This role will operate across the entire Finance department both within the UK & Ireland business and, offering experience at our Global HQ. It will provide you with an enviable opportunity to learn from and contribute to:
• Business Partnering
o Decision support on customer and product profitability
o Business case development
• Financial Accounting
o General accounting (e.g. audit, SOX) and compliance
o Specialist function exposure – Tax, Treasury
o Controls and best practice roll out
• Management Accounting
o Performance evaluation and KPI reporting
o Planning, forecasting and analytics – commercial and operations
As part of the candidate’s future development Finance Graduates will be provided with study support towards qualification and membership of a recognised accountancy body (ACCA/CIMA).
We are looking for a driven and ambitious Finance Graduate to join our team. To be successful you will:
• Be on track or have achieved, a 2:1 degree (or higher) in a related discipline such as Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Business or Economics
• Evidence good problem-solving skills and thrive under the challenge of doing so
• Have an inquisitive and forward-thinking mindset, who is always looking to learn and develop
• Be numerate and analytical – Handle numbers and numerical tasks confidently and effectively and comfortable and competent in managing large datasets.
• Possess the ability to communicate confidently and effectively across all levels within, and outside the organisation
• Be confident in building effective working relationships and working as part of a team.
• Possess excellent leadership skills & self-starting capabilities demonstrating creativity & strategic understanding
• Be able to pick up and deliver projects, with the ability to work unsupervised
• Have a flexible approach and responsible attitude to work and driving development
• Be prepared to challenge appropriately and professionally
• Evidence of passion and achievements in academic and/or non- academic activities
• Show great attention to detail
• Be PC Literate with an advanced level of Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
• A flexible to travel around the UK&I for short periods would be desirable
At BMI Group, we know how hard graduates work and what a substantial contribution they make to businesses and because of this, we offer the people who join us an enviable package.
In addition to a highly competitive starting salary of £30,000, you can also look forward to a range of benefits that amongst other things include the following:
• Generous bonus based on personal and business performance – details available on request
• Support towards professional qualifications and training in line with career aspirations and your role and fully funded enrolment onto the Discovery ‘Aspiring Leaders’ Programme
• Pension – matched contribution 5-8%
• 25 days holiday plus UK public holidays (typically 8 days per annum)
• Private health insurance – single cover
• Cycle 2 Work scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Access to employee discount portal (days out, high street shops, restaurants, cinema etc)
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.
|Job Category||Finance & Accounting|