Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator & Administrator (J002602)
Remuneration: Up to £32,000 starting salary + 22 days holiday + Pension + Benefits
Location: Commutable to Redditch & Wolverhampton
Are you incredibly well organised, efficient and effective? Do you possess a natural ability to work to deadlines and drive projects forward? Would you like a role that affords you the opportunity to be right at the heart of our business and our clients?
As with most businesses the entrepreneurial heart of the business starts with the founding members and with this, the requirement to bolster the team with ‘like-minded’ achievers. This role requires a person who has an entrepreneurial mindset, a passion for making a difference, is forward thinking and highly driven to take on projects that move the company forward. It is a pinnacle role to support the CEO and the SLT where no two days are the same.
Discovery is a leading provider of professional services and consultancy to help organisations build highly effective, and high performing workforces. We are unique in the breadth of service areas that we offer. Whilst other companies offer ‘parts’, no single company to our knowledge has the capability or the proprietary tools to deliver what Discovery does across a workforce, and the success of an organisation.
A large part of our business is training and developing individuals to help them become the most successful in their roles that they can be. The purpose of a training programme is not to only improve skills and knowledge, it is fundamentally about changing behaviour. We have a particular expertise in behavioural change built around propriety methodology built on neuroscience and language. As such our programmes are often cited as ‘stand out’ behavioural change programmes utilised across organisations from C-suite to early careers.
Everything we do is geared towards achieving the most effective and productive workforces for our clients. We achieve this through impactful recruitment together with expert training and diagnostic services, ensuring that the right people, are in the right jobs with the right skills and behaviours, for maximum commercial success.
This is a varied and hands on role. If you have some experience that would be helpful, but equally it is not required and this role would suit a second-jobber graduate with good commercial acumen and the ability to think strategically.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Residing in Central Functions this role supports CEO and liaises with entire business.
As the Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator & Administrator, your responsibilities will include: –
• Effective Diary Management: Efficiently manage the complex and challenging diary of the CEO and the performance division, ensuring that schedules are well-organised and optimised.
• Liaison: Confidently liaise with internal departments and external organisations on behalf of the CEO, fostering strong working relationships and representing the company professionally.
• Workload Management: Handle a varied workload, demonstrating the ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Proactive Office Management: Take a proactive approach to managing a busy office environment, ensuring it runs smoothly and efficiently.
• Administrative Support: Provide proactive administrative support to projects, ensuring that they progress smoothly and efficiently.
• Meeting and Event Coordination: Organise and coordinate meetings and events, ensuring they run smoothly.
• Recruitment Support: Assist with the recruitment process, including scheduling interviews and other recruitment-related tasks.
• Ad-hoc Duties: Be ready to tackle other ad-hoc tasks as needed to support the smooth functioning of the business.
We are an organisation that continues to grow and we only hire people with a winning attitude. We know that attitude is far more important than experience; therefore we welcome applications from individuals who possess the following attributes and qualities:
• Have a track record of personal and academic success and excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
• Be engaging and enthusiastic.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills, with an eye for detail.
• IT literate including working knowledge of databases, Excel and CRM systems.
• Be able to multi-task and prioritise a heavy and varied workload, working to strict deadlines.
• Possess and use initiative.
• Possess a strong work ethic.
• Confident, curious, inquisitive and impactful.
• Positive, ambitious, driven and focused on achieving results & personal success.
• Resilient and hardworking, capable of bouncing back in the face of adversity.
• Articulate, professional and mature.
• Be flexible, adaptable, reliable and wholly committed to doing the best job possible.
• Possess a demonstrable passion for learning.
• Exceptional Language and Grammar Skills: Strong written communication skills are essential for clear and effective correspondence at the highest level.
• Entrepreneurial Mindset: A forward-thinking, innovative approach to identifying opportunities for business improvement.
• Analytical Problem Solver: Possess strong numerical, analytical, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyse data and make recommendations to the CEO.
• Ability to Work Independently: Demonstrate a high degree of initiative and self-motivation in your work.
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills: Communicate confidently and effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels, fostering positive working relationships.
• High Level of Confidentiality: Handle sensitive information with the utmost discretion and professionalism.
• Ambition: Possess a willingness and ambition for additional training.
• Be flexible, adaptable, reliable, and wholly committed to doing the best job possible.
• Live in or within commutable distance of Redditch or Wolverhampton (or willing to relocate).
• Possess a valid driving license and reliable transportation.
• Educated to degree level with an achievement grade of 2:2 or better in any discipline.
• English and Maths GCSE at a minimum grade C or above.
• Full driving licence
• Live in the West Midlands (or willing to relocate) within commutable distance to either office
JOIN THE TEAM!
We are a value driven business, where hard work and integrity is recognised and rewarded. Every single member of the team plays a massively important part in our success.
We are committed to employee development, supporting additional qualifications, providing excellent remuneration and benefits package. Our culture is highly encouraging and supportive.
It’s not all work though; we take time to celebrate our successes with company days out, events, rewards and incentives.
All in all, we are a great company to work with!
We are passionate about our people and will provide you with all of the training and support that you will need to be successful.
Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.