JOB TITLE: Commercial Sales Graduate (J002615)
COMPANY: Blake Envelopes & Packaging
SALARY: £25,000 + Uncapped Commission.
Blake are market leaders in the world of envelopes and postal packaging, distributing to over 45 countries worldwide. We provide sustainable enveloping solutions that create memorable experiences to anyone receiving messages and products.
At Blake, we offer high-quality envelope overprinting on a variety of envelope sizes from our Creative Colour Range. Whether you want to design a small pack of envelopes or you need 3,000, our web to print tool allows you to design in colour, black and white.
We’re proud to be working with the likes of Harrods, L’Oreal, Halifax, Oxfam, Liberty London, RBS, Sony and Ralph Lauren to name just a small selection.
Check out the Blake story here: https://blake-envelopes.com/the-story-of-blake
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Sales today is not merely about persuasion and charisma; it requires a deep understanding of the products or services you represent. By immersing yourself in our organisation, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the technical aspects behind our offerings, empowering you to present them with confidence and authority.
As a Commercial Sales Graduate, you have the unique opportunity to shape our customer’s experiences, provide solutions to their challenges, and forge long-lasting relationships. Your success will not only be measured by the numbers you achieve but by the positive impact you create through your dedication, integrity, and genuine care for those you serve.
The successful candidate will be enrolled onto the Introduction to Business Development Programme, which is a recognised modern Apprenticeship. This will accelerate your sales learning, and capability, and combined with the technical training you will receive day to day, will make you best placed to be successful in the role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To build valued and long-lasting business relationships with existing and new customers to achieve sales revenue targets by:
1. Answering sales calls in a professional and customer centric manner (you must sound enthusiastic and interested asking questions about the person and the business to make sure we are able to deliver what the customer needs and in a way that the customer can enjoy the process).
2. Providing quotations to customers as required.
3. Follow up on quotations and prospects in a timely manner.
4. Resolving customer queries in a manner that maximises customer satisfaction.
5. Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes purchasing decisions, nurturing those relationships with a clear plan to onboard them at the perfect time
6. Proactively contacting potential clients to establish rapport and set-up meetings
7. Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events to promote Blake and contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the company’s products
As a Commercial Graduate, you’ll have the opportunity to become a valuable member of the business, ensuring that as we grow, you grow, not only in your skills and experience but in your career too.
We are proud to have supported and continue to support professional and career development with all of our employees.
- State of the art office https://axis-house.com/project/blake-envelopes/
- Free lunch
- A bonus based on the company GP performance and achieving EBITDA target.
- 23 days holiday each year plus bank holidays, increasing for employees who reach 3 to 5 years continuous service.
- Generous wage and package.
- Training programmes in view of your personal development. We encourage you to pursue a course in your first year of employment with us.
- Mentoring and coaching.
We welcome applications from individuals who possess the following:
- Positive attitude and adopts a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Energectic and driven.
- Resourceful and taking initiative.
- Make things happen.
- Loves to win.
- Team player.
- Hungry, Humble and Smart.
- Passionate about the business.
- A DNA for sales.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communicator and have superior people skills
- The ability to influence and negotiate with others
- Sales and prospecting process knowledge
- Exceptional time management and organisation
- Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems and being able to think outside of the box
- Ambition and a desire to succeed
We are looking for someone who is degree educated, and who is enthusiastic about making their career a success through hard work, dedication, and resilience in the world of selling, and is willing to relocate/commute to Bristol.
If you have an industrial placement or experience in a commercial role, this would be advantageous.
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.