Commercial Sales Graduate (J002603)
Remuneration: £25,000 starting salary + 22 days holiday + Pension + Benefits
Location: Commutable to Redditch & Wolverhampton
Have you ever considered what goes in to making a great business? Are you keen to develop your commercial career?
Discovery is a leading provider of professional services and consultancy to help organisations build highly effective, and high performing workforces. We are unique in the breadth of service areas that we offer. Whilst other companies offer ‘parts’, no single company to our knowledge has the capability or the proprietary tools to deliver what Discovery does across a workforce, and the success of an organisation.
Everything we do is geared towards achieving the most effective and productive workforces for our clients. We achieve this through impactful recruitment together with expert training and diagnostic services, ensuring that the right people, are in the right jobs with the right skills and behaviours, for maximum commercial success.
As a Commercial Sales Graduate, you will play a pivotal role in achieving our organisational goals by identifying, building, and converting relationships with organisations that fit our ‘ideal client profile’.
As a charismatic graduate, you will engage with businesses through a consultative approach identifying solutions that will help their businesses to thrive by benefiting from Discovery’s unique approach to graduate recruitment, bespoke training programmes, apprenticeships and workforce transformation projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead generation through a variety of channels including LinkedIn, Cold Calling, Networking events and other platforms.
• Working closely with the sales team to support a ‘winning business’ culture.
• Warm-up identified leads through administrative activities such as setting up meetings with Business Development Directors, responding to prospect questions, follow up actions post meetings.
• Identify and register of relevant networking events with BDD.
• Spot opportunities to support clients with value-add solutions including, but not restricted to development opportunities, recruitment, and/or transformation projects.
• Update the CRM system of leads and scheduled tasks.
• Grow your career to become a Business Development Consultant building, supporting and managing your own portfolio of clients.
• Build business relationships and start to convert business into deals won; becoming a trusted partner.
We are an organisation that continues to grow and we only hire people with a winning attitude. We know that attitude is far more important than experience; therefore we welcome applications from individuals who possess the following attributes and qualities:
• Have a track record of personal and academic success and excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
• Excellent communication skills, inter-personal skills and high standards of presentation.
• Be engaging and enthusiastic.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills, with an eye for detail.
• Possess and use initiative.
• Possess a strong work ethic.
• Confident, curious, inquisitive and impactful.
• Positive, ambitious, driven and focused on achieving results & personal success.
• Resilient and hardworking, capable of bouncing back in the face of adversity.
• Articulate, professional and mature.
• Possess a demonstrable interest in business and how companies operate.
• Educated to degree level with an achievement grade of 2:2 or better in any discipline.
• English and Maths GCSE at a minimum grade C or above.
• Full driving licence
• Live in the West Midlands (or willing to relocate) within commutable distance to either office
As part of our commitment to developing you into a stand-alone trusted partner with our clients, you will be enrolled onto the Discovery Introduction to Business Programme, which is designed to develop your existing skills and elevate your career adding value back into the business. Following this, your continued development is our priority and we will support you with further role specific training.
JOIN THE TEAM!
We are a value driven business, where hard work and integrity is recognised and rewarded. Every single member of the team plays a massively important part in our success.
We are committed to employee development, supporting additional qualifications, providing excellent remuneration and benefits package. Our culture is highly encouraging and supportive.
It’s not all work though; we take time to celebrate our successes with company days out, events, rewards and incentives.
All in all, we are a great company to work with!
We are passionate about our people and will provide you with all of the training and support that you will need to be successful.
Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.