JOB TITLE: Commercial Sales Graduate (J002584)
COMPANY: Wessex Packaging
LOCATION: Yeovil, Somerset
SALARY: £23,000 (rising to £25,000)
Wessex have achieved an extraordinary record of sustained business growth, strongly driven by a portfolio of unique, ergonomic, and innovative own-branded products.
We are bringing these to the market through a solutions-based sales process, where we demonstrate these in our clients’ operations and allow them to see the benefits in real-time.
Our mission is improving workplaces through packaging innovation, and we are quickly becoming market leaders in providing innovative and ergonomic packaging solutions throughout the UK.
We have been challenging the status quo since 1975 and have now become one of the leading independent brands in the UK, with a rapidly growing North American subsidiary.
Still family-owned and managed, our team of experts has been making life easier for our clients and their employees for nearly 50 years.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Sales today is not merely about persuasion and charisma; it requires a deep understanding of the products or services you represent. By immersing yourself in our organisation, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the technical aspects behind our offerings, empowering you to present them with confidence and authority.
As a Commercial Sales Graduate, you have the unique opportunity to shape our customer’s experiences, provide solutions to their challenges, and forge long-lasting relationships. Your success will not only be measured by the numbers you achieve but by the positive impact you create through your dedication, integrity, and genuine care for those you serve.
The successful candidate will be enrolled onto the Discovery Sales Success Programme, which is a recognised Sales Executive Apprenticeship. This will accelerate your sales learning, and capability, and combined with the technical training you will receive day to day, will make you best placed to be successful in the role.
Skills and Experience
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to network
• Adaptability and the ability to work on multiple projects
• Strong attention to detail
• Good organisational and planning skills
• Commercial awareness
• Numerical skills
• Excellent business acumen with a real desire to succeed
• Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal, and written communication skills able to develop effective relationships with both the customer and colleagues
• Ability to work under pressure and cope with changing priorities
• Able to plan and manage own time effectively
• Demonstrate a passion for the product and a desire to maintain high levels of integrity
• Well organised, disciplined, and target driven
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated team player
• Goal-oriented: naturally motivated to reach milestones
• Outstanding integrity, credibility, and character
• First-class communication skills and the ability to win commitment and ‘buy in’ to a common vision and clearly stated goals
We are looking for someone who is degree educated within the last 3 years, and who is enthusiastic about making their career a success through hard work, dedication, and resilience.
If you have an industrial placement or experience in a commercial role, this would be advantageous.
Ideally, you will hold a full and valid driving licence.
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.